This weekend I was feeling immense mom guilt. My dad had just left, the house was a mess, and the kids were bored. The TV had been on in the background, and I knew we needed to unplug and have some screen-free time. So, Josephine and I made these delicious cookies that have now been christened "Josephine's Cookies" and I thought I would share them with all of you.
8 tbsp salted butter (I substituted a couple tablespoons for coconut oil and they turned out great)
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (add more if you prefer them a bit saltier with your sweet)
3/4 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt butter until soft
3. Using a mixer (handheld or stand) cream the butter and sugar
4. Add the egg and beat on low speed until incorporated
5. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until combined and crumbles form.
6. Add the chocolate chips
7. Make about 10 evenly sized balls with your hand and space about 2 inches apart on a lined baking sheet
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. They will look underdone, but I promise you they aren't.
9. Cool & enjoy!